The Hyams Foundation is pleased to continue the legacy of the late Willma Davis by continuing to support her scholarship to encourage students to pursue a future career in the STEM fields. Candidates must be classified as sophomore, junior, or senior in the Fall of 2022 and attend a UNCF-member institution. Preference will be given to female students from Massachusetts, although all eligible students are encouraged to apply.
Complete applications include: (all prompts, and instructions can be found within the body of the application):
* Most recent transcript (unofficial accepted)
* Essay of at least 400 words on pursuing a career in STEM at your HBCU
* Unmet financial need (verified with school upon finalist selection)
Eligibility criteria include:
* Undergraduate student enrolled at a UNCF member school;
* 3.0 GPA or higher;
* Majoring in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics);
* Hold a classification of college sophomore, college junior, or college senior in Fall 2022; and
* Full-time enrollment at a UNCF-member school.
Preference will be given to female students from Massachusetts, but this program is open to all US residents,
A one-time award up to $5,000 will be awarded for the 2022-23 academic year in August/September 2022
Please email your all questions to Kenya Gray.