The UNCF Health Careers Scholarship Program is designed to assist in the development of a more diverse workforce in health professions in Greater Cleveland. University Hospitals, Cleveland Clinic and Kaiser Foundation are partnering with UNCF to develop an endowed scholarship for students of CSSM (Cleveland School of Science and Medicine) at John Hay High School who plan to enter the health professions.
Applicants for the UNCF Health Careers Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Major in health professions.
- Current high school seniors at CSSM (Cleveland School of Medicine) at John Hay High School, in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Enroll full-time at any UNCF member institution, other accredited HBCU, or any accredited four-year U.S. based college or university commencing fall 2022. Preference will be given to students who plan to attend/have already applied/been accepted at a local college or university.
For consideration, applicants must submit the online application complete with the following required application materials by the application due date of April 21, 2022.
- Current academic transcript.
- One letter of recommendation.
- A 300-word essay as a personal statement of career interest in health profession.
Letter of Recommendation/Reference
A letter of recommendation is required to complete this application. The recommender should be a non-relative. The letter of recommendation needs to be completed through the online application system by the application due date of April 21, 2022. Emailed letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
Applicants should give the recommender ample time to complete the letter of recommendation by entering all recommender's information (name and email address) as early as possible. The recommender will be sent automated instructions at the email address provided to submit the letter of recommendation in the Application System. Should the recommender not receive the automated instruction through their email address, they can follow the attached instructions, to the right hand side, under supporting documents, to write and submit the letter of recommendation.
Applicants will receive an "Invite References" reminder, until a recommender is invited.
Selected students will receive a $5,000 merit-based scholarship in the fall 2022. Award recipients may be eligible for renewals for the sebsequent years provided they contunue to meet the criteria. Award recipients who may be eligible for renewals shall be notified by UNCF.
if you have any questions, please email DeAndre Elerson.