UNCF/Old Dominion Scholars Program
The UNCF/Old Dominion Scholars Program, sponsored in partnership with Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc., is seeking full-time juniors enrolled in any accredited College or University majoring in business, logistics, supply chain management, communications, or industrial engineering, whose college experience demonstrates community service, leadership, and analytical ability during their college career. Candidates will be selected to intern for summer 2022.
Summer 2022 Internship- Juniors selected for the paid 2022 summer in person internship with Old Dominion Freight Line Inc., will be place in one of the following locations: Atlanta, GA; Columbus, OH; Harrisburg, PA; Morriston, TN; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Houston Tx; Memphis, TN; St. Louis, MO; Jackson, MS and Greensboro, NC.
UNCF Student Leadership Conference (SLC)- Prior to the start of the internship students will participate in the UNCF Student Leadership Conference (SLC). This four-day professional development and leadership conference in Washington, D.C. aims to provide a framework and forum for equipping students with the skill sets that they will need to be successful as interns and early career professionals.
During SLC, participants will:
* Enhance critical thinking skills
* Develop stronger project management abilities
* Improve verbal and written communication
* Sharpen workplace productivity
* Hone quality workplace readiness and etiquette
* Improve networking skills
* Experience highly motivating industry, corporate and national leaders
All qualified participants of the UNCF/Old Dominion Scholars Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- *Junior undergraduate student enrolled full-time at an accredited educational institution (must be junior at the time of application)
- *Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- *U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- *Majoring in business, logistics, supply chain management, communications, or industrial engineering business at the undergraduate level
To be considered, candidates must submit the online application for the program, a one-page personal statement of career interest, resume and current transcript. All application materials must be received by the application deadline.
For more information, contact: Melissa Jordan, Director of Professional Development Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.