In partnering with UNCF, the Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholars Program aims to support young leaders who have a demonstrated interest in pursuing a clinical (e.g., pharmacist, physician, practitioner, nurse) or non-clinical (e.g., accounting, business administration, human resources, marketing, public policy) career in the healthcare industry.
At Kaiser Permanente we believe everyone should have equal access to education and live a long, healthy life. The Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholarship Program aims to build healthier communities by helping students achieve their dreams of going to college. This scholarship program enables young leaders to pursue a clinical or non-clinical career in the healthcare industry.
Notice: This scholarship is for students who wish to work in the healthcare industry, it is not for students who wish to pursue a career in business. If you plan to pursue a degree in a non-clinical (e.g., accounting, business administration, human resources, marketing, public policy, ect.), you MUST also plan to pursue a career in the healthcare industry.
*Dedicated UNCF College Success Coach for a year.
*Access to a Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholars' Online Learning Community for a year.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
The application is now open for the 2021-22 academic year and students will be awarded in the Fall Term of 2021. Applicants for the program must meet the following requirements:
*Possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
*Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
*Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by your college or university.
*Be a U.S. citizen, national, permanent resident, undocumented immigrant or designated DACA ("Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals") recipient of the U.S.
*Be a current high school graduate, who plans to enroll full-time, as a first-year college student during the fall semester of 2021, at a U.S.-located, four-year accredited, not-for-profit college or university; or two-year accredited, not-for-profit community college.
*Be interested in pursuing either a clinical career path (e.g., pharmacist, physician, practitioner, nurse) or non-clinical career path (e.g., accounting, business administration, human resources, marketing, public policy) career path in the healthcare industry.
*Reside, at the time of selection, in any one of the following seven (7) designated areas: California, Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, and the District of Columbia.
For consideration, application must be submitted online and include the following:
1. A current copy of your high school transcript (unofficial copy can be submitted).
2. An online recommendation from a teacher, counselor or community leader (letters from a family member or a friend is unacceptable). Please use the recommendation instructions located to the right for further assistance.
3. A full copy of the 2021-2022 school year student aid report (SAR), if you're a designated DACA or undocumented immigrant student, please upload a statement saying that you're a designated DACA or undocumented student.
4. Respond to essay prompt regarding career interests in healthcare and why.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance:
1. An online letter of recommendation must be submitted from a teacher, guidance counselor, or community leader (letters from family members or friends will not be accepted).
2. If they haven't already, recommenders will need to create an account on the UNCF website in order to submit an online recommendation.
3. Recommenders can still submit an online recommendation without the emailed invitation code, please have them follow the instructions on number four.
4. For assistance on how to submit an online recommendation without an invitation code, please click the link at the bottom right of the page.
*Preference will be given to students from underrepresented communities.
*Preference will be given to students who identify as first-generation college bound.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decision within 8 weeks after the application due date.
For more information, please contact Yves Pierre at email@example.com