The LeBlanc/Baker Scholarship for Change provides renewable, need-based scholarships of up to $4,000 per year, to African American males, who are college freshmen attending an accredited four-year HBCU in the Fall of 2022. Preference is given to Black males who have graduated from a District of Columbia Public School (DCPS).
Applicants for must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for this opportunity.
1. Be a Black/African American male;
2. Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.0 but not higher than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
3. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate unmet need as verified by the financial aid office of their attending college or university;
4. Be currently enrolled full-time at any UNCF Member Institution or any other accredited four-year HBCU. Preference for this opportunity will be given to candidates who have graduated from District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS).
For consideration, applicants must submit the online application with the following required application materials by October 27, 2022, deadline.
- Submit an online application for the LeBlanc/Baker Scholarship 2022-2023 Cohort
- Write a one-page essay answering the following prompt, “Discuss an obstacle you have faced in life and why you believe obtaining a college degree is important.”
- Upload an official or unofficial current academic transcript showing your high school courses and GPA.
Selected students will receive a need-based scholarship, up to $4,000 annually, through graduation, based on the availability of funds and upon meeting the following program renewal criteria:
1. Maintain an academic standing consistent with the college or university's standard for continued enrollment.
2. Annually file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) and demonstrate unmet need as verified by the financial aid office of the student's college or university.
Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decisions within 8 weeks after the application closing date.
For account login issues, call a UNCF representative at 202-810-0258 Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
For scholarship application questions, contact Martha Bryant (email@example.com).