MetLife Foundation is committed to expanding opportunities for low- and moderate-income people around the world, partnering with nonprofit organizations and social enterprises to create financial health solutions and build stronger communities.
In partnership with UNCF, The MetLife Foundation Scholarship Fund was established to provide need-based scholarships to qualified African American students who will be juniors in the fall of 2021 (Class of 2023) enrolled at accredited four-year HBCUs. For renewal for their senior year, students must continue to meet the specified criteria.
The application is now open for the 2021-22 academic year and students will be awarded in the Fall Term of 2021. Applicants for the program must meet the following requirements:
*Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
*Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
*Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by your college or university.
*Be enrolled full-time at an accredited HBCU.
*Be classified as a college junior at the beginning of the fall semester in 2021.
*Major in business, finance, or accounting.
For consideration, applications must be submitted online and include the following:
1. A current transcript.
2. One letter of recommendation from a professor or community leader (letters from family members or friends are unacceptable).
3. Respond to an essay question regarding career interests.
New York City residents are encouraged to apply.
Note: applicants must be college juniors during the 2021-2022 school year.
Letter of Recommendation Guidance:
1. An online letter of recommendation must be submitted from a professor or community leader (letters from family members or friends will not be accepted).
2. If they haven't already, recommenders will need to create an account on the UNCF website in order to submit an online recommendation.
3. Recommenders can still submit an online recommendation without the emailed invitation code, please have them follow the instructions on number four.
4. For assistance on how to submit an online recommendation without an invitation code, please click the link at the bottom right of the page.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who have submitted complete applications will be notified of scholarship decision within 8 weeks after the application due date.
For more information, please contact Yves Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org